Mike Nesbitt resigns as health minister amid row with UUP leader

Mike Nesbitt resigns as health minister amid row with UUP leader

admin
1 Min Read

Last week Burrows, who is a North Antrim MLA, told a town hall meeting that he did not support emergency general surgery being removed from Causeway Hospital.

The position appeared at odds with the Department of Health’s policy on the matter, after the Northern Health Trust previously recommended that EGS should only be provided at one of its hospital sites.

Nesbitt was unable to attend due to a constituency election meeting in Strangford.

UUP leader Jon Burrows attended in his place.

He voiced opposition to the closure of the EGS service. Last Wednesday, Burrows said he did not agree with that and would “never agree with it”.

“Emergency surgery must remain at the Causeway Hospital and it should be built up, not run down and that is my position and it’s not for negotiation.”

However, he stopped short of saying whether or not he would direct Nesbitt not to sign off on the move.

Source link


Discover more from BrandedNepal | Shop Nepal’s Best Local & Global Brands

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Share This Article
Leave a Comment